Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Summer Rhythms.

Hello loyal readers.

As you might have noticed, it's been a really long time since I've posted here. That's for a few reasons that I will explain below.

I was all ready to post about an article on the the brain and beat perception last night, but then started to feel like I needed to do a lot more research on neuroanatomy and functional brain imaging before I felt qualified enough to talk about it here. I will definitely post about the article soon, but before I did I wanted to ask for a little bit of input from anyone who reads this blog.

What kinds of things do you want to see here?

I really enjoy writing summaries of scientific research papers that render them easier to understand by a general audience, and I have a ton of papers on the intersection of neuroscience and music that I want to yap about here, but at times I avoid posting on this blog because these papers often require a lot of research on my part in order for me to feel like I'm summarizing them properly. Of course, this will get easier as I learn more about neurobiology, but for now it's resulted in months without any posts.

Thus in order to have some more frequency and variety in posts, I started the scientists and musicians (SciMuses) interview series so this blog would be a little more exciting. I have some exciting prospects that will be showing up here soon as well. But between reading up for current science research posts and tracking down awesome scientists/musicians to interview, I was wondering what I should post about here. Music that I'm currently listening to? Links to related news articles? Things in general I find exciting?

All I'm asking is, let me know! I definitely want to be posting more here, so finding things to post that don't require so much effort to research before posting might be one way to do it.


I'll leave you with my current favorite summer jam:

No comments:

Post a Comment