Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Monday: Trash

I will have to admit that I slipped up a little in my no trash challenge for today. I went to Subway and purchased a foot long sub in a moment of weakness.

This created a few wrappers and a bag and paper napkin that went into my trash bag for the week. I guess that means I also failed at consumption since I ate food out when I had some at home. For dinner, I did a little better by making a pasta salad dish which only created two wrappers of trash for about 4 meals. Not bad, but it' so strange to think of how it's virtually impossible to create absolutely no trash. I'm going to try a lot harder on this challenge during the remaining days of No Impact by trying to avoid eating out, trying to reuse items when possible, and composting all my kitchen waste (which I already do). I'm just wondering how full my trash tracking bag will get by the end of the week.

Tomorrow I tackle: TRANSPORTATION!

No comments:

Post a Comment